In March 2010 my friend Koen and I attempted to see as much of the West coast as possible in only 21 days. We traveled to Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah by car. This is a blog about our roadtrip. Enjoy!

Voor al mijn Nederlandstalige vrienden: De blog is in het Engels. Koen zou voor een Nederlandse versie zorgen maar is daar niet echt toe gekomen :D Als jullie geen Engels kunnen kan je alsnog van de mooie plaatjes genieten!
It was 3am when I first opened my eyes. I groaned as I shut them and tried to will myself back to sleep. I checked the alarm clock again. It was 3.30. Ugh. Suddenly I hear this voice calling my name. Koen was up too. There we stood, both fully dressed, in front of our motel room, trying to figure out what to do. Koen took a bath, I made breakfast, and by making breakfast I mean microwaving a poptart and grabbing the juice from the car.

The first fishermen were grabbing their gear and got ready to go. We, too, packed up, ditched the room key in the designated postbox and started our short drive to La Push beach where we got to enjoy the first rays of sunshine. After posing with the 'Welcome to Forks' sign and getting honked at by a really cool truck driver we continued our trip to the Hoh rainforest.




We did a beautiful hike before driving to Olympia way ahead of schedule. I guess that's the upside of getting up at 5am. We had a 10 minute Subway break and went grocery shopping. It really bugs us how everything is so cheap here. Next time I'm just bringing an empty suitcase. A big one.


In Olympia we met Gabe's roommate and upstairs neighbor, Spencer and Greg, who were really cool. We had some insanely spicy tacos at an authentic Mexican taco truck and then left for Gabe's friend Jumanji's party. We ate delicious homemade sushi and talked. Well, they talked, I napped out of sheer exhaustion. I was up and running right in time to go to a bar/club I may now legally enter with them though. The guys had some jell-o-shots, which I personally think looks disgusting, and then we just danced the night away. They requested 'Party in the USA' by Miley Cyrus for me and Koen, to officially welcome us to the States.




In America the parties start earlier, and consequently they are over earlier too, so by 1am we drove back to Gabe's place. Koen got a mattress on the ground, I got a sleeps-like-a-cloud epic kingsize bed that belongs to Greg's roommate who is currently in Las Vegas. Yes, I'll admit, sometimes it's pretty cool to be a girl.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten